Translate

Monday 24 April 2023

True Friendship! And what it ought to, but seldom really means!


By Stanley Collymore

Real friendship basically has 
nothing whatsoever to do 
with what the recipient 
of it either gets, or really expects to 
obtain, from generally participating 
in such a relationship, but crucially 
in essence is actually about giving 
one’s self crucially wholeheartedly 
and honestly as well as effectively 
distinctly obviously and manifestly 
likewise, significantly committedly 
too to that actual relationship that 
most expectantly has freely been 
engaged in, perfectly thoughtfully 
as well as faithfully, and naturally
too effectively uncompromisingly. 

However, such a friendship 
doesn’t entail turning an 
intentional blind eye 
to the faults: self-induced or literally 
clearly malevolently encouraged by 
others, evidently obviously, relative 
to this particular person; knowingly 
lying for them or scandalously and 
rather immorally making false and 
naturally unsubstantiated excuses 
for that individual literally because 
you so slavishly, and irresponsibly
just regard yourself as their friend. 

Which actually means that 
while being, morally and 
likewise commendably, 
supportive as best, as you essentially
rather honourably can in that friend’s 
genuine hour of need; self-evidently 
that friendship or its continuance of 
it with that person doesn’t mean or 
ought ever to entail that you as an 
individual in your own actual right 
should, under any circumstances 
whether voluntarily, or coercively 
dispense, with your own evident 
human morality; crucial integrity 
and personal dignity, only to be 
wholly or otherwise partially so 
subservient to some individual
friend's entrenched immorality.

(C) Stanley V. Collymore
24 April 2023. 


Author's Remarks: 
Being able to live with myself is one of the greatest gifts that I can and have bequeathed to myself and were this to be ever sullied would undoubtedly make me a mere shadow of the person that I know I am. I'm not perfect nor do I profess to be, but my Bajan upbringing has firmly instilled in me certain characteristics of life that would never ever be contemplated by me because se they're so alien to me. But on close examination it’s each to their own, I guess!


















No comments:

Post a Comment