Translate

Friday 13 October 2017

Familiar generalizations don’t always tally with stark reality! (Article)


By Stanley Collymore

You obviously came into my life when I was down on my luck and at a time when I couldn’t have given a – no I’m not going to use that jokey expletive which rhymes with luck and will instead civilly employ the more socially acceptable phrase of saying, as I’ve done previously, that I was literally down on my luck. But anyway, things were going especially badly for me, and understandably my getting involved with another person let alone falling in love again so soon with anyone, regardless of who that individual woman was, was obviously the last thing on my mind; or, for that matter the kind of responsive action that realistically, level-headedly, pragmatically and much less so judiciously, I would consciously or most appropriately have seriously considered getting involved in.

No bullshit that, nor any gratuitous, cynically contrived, or all-out determined, self-serving spin according to my definitive reasoning in order to specifically circumvent the personal and deeply troubling consequences known to be intimately associated with the absolute inability to resolutely and permanently put an evidently embarrassing past behind me, and through that conscious process negate the likely possibility, due responsibility and even the clear necessity of entertaining a completely new relationship by me, and effectively out of the previous mess that I’d made of my life, get romantically started all over again.

Well that’s a pretty glib assumption to make as well as an easy thing for anyone to say, and especially so for those who haven’t the vaguest inkling of who or what I am, and therefore effectively neither know nor could possibly comprehend the complicated imponderables, in terms of expectations and passionate emotions, which when immutably choreographed and then authoritatively played out, their collaborative and persuasive ballet de dance becomes the unwavering accompaniment on my part of my natural chariness and due caution.

Accordingly then, do forgive me for outlining my views so uncompromisingly, and more to the point particularly so if I’ve offensively misjudged you as being among those who’ve not only collectively but also conclusively jumped to the conclusion, which they unwaveringly expect should be the only outcome of how, with no alternative prospect in their prejudiced deliberations, I should unquestionably be the man who they unilaterally decide that I must become. To which my unambiguous response is: Think what you want but take it from me, don’t ever hold your breath on that one!

I don’t need to acquaint anyone who’s even vaguely compos mentis, but I’ll remind you here all the same for obvious reasons, that life and its associated factors constitute an ongoing, and invariably a complex game that everyone in varying degrees and often in the case of some of you for substantial periods of time, as you either blissfully, idiotically, manipulatively or even sensibly embark on playing them.

Sometimes the motivation for doing so is deliberate and clear-cut, on other occasions not even the participants themselves can say with any certainty or even honesty precisely what it is that they’re doing or why; for in truth they haven’t the foggiest notion.

The game of love is no different and as a pastime has been going on from the beginning of time and specifically that crucial moment when Eve first got a deeply enamoured Adam to nibble her apple, which he apparently liked and consecutively after that occasion continued to have numerous bites from it. It was a regeneration apple you see. The clever ones out there will get the joke; the others, truth to tell, it’s not worth you bothering.

So long after we’re all of us no longer here, future generations of human beings - should earth and Homo Sapiens manage to survive the impending nuclear holocaust that the morons in Rogue State USA, toadying Britain and the rest of the west’s Useful Idiots that serve the vested interests of the sickos that currently run this world we live in – will maintain the custom of playing their own love games.


No comments:

Post a Comment