Translate

Friday 8 September 2017

Marry Me! (Poem)


By Stanley Collymore

I most readily and cheerfully confess to my having a
wholly uncontrollable urge to marry you, and ever
more so since I realized that the intense passion
you’ve managed to inevitably generate in me
is quite literally driving me crazy and, as a
manifest and robust consequence of this,
I’ve unmistakeably, unavoidably and
likewise, in every other conceivable
way, and not the slightest remiss
in dutifully tackling this matter
without unwarranted delay, I
am enraptured to say, have
satisfyingly and forever
completely, it’s true,
intensely fallen in
love with you.

And when you charmingly told me that that is exactly
how you also feel about me too, seriously, what other
option could an exceptionally fortunate man, truthfully
unable to believe his extraordinary luck honourably
do in such fortuitous circumstances when richly
gifted with what’s unquestionably, as you’ve
always been, a most phenomenal woman;
other than to carefully listen to and then
take maximum understanding of that
perceptive and utterly persuasive
voice within, and euphorically
entreat of you, the supreme
gratification of his life,
to award him the best
distinction ever and
become his wife?

© Stanley V. Collymore
8 September 2017.


Author’s Remarks:
In the earlier draft version of this poem and the accompanying article edition, I had initially contemplated entitling both versions of them: “Irreversibly in love with you!” but after much consideration on my part and a most astute contribution on hers in a subsequent discussion on the matter with my female German Partner, we favourably, convivially, satisfactorily and most extraordinarily amorously came to the definitive conclusion that this shorter, unequivocal and impactful title: “Marry Me” was most appropriate given the specific circumstances that the clearly besotted lover in the poem was in.

And, of course, that particular statement leaves no room for equivocation or any scope for misunderstanding. So please don’t use this poem or the article to anyone whom you think is having the same impact on you unless, I would advise, that your intentions are both serious and honourable. And with that in mind I wish you all the luck in the world in what you may well decide to embark upon.


No comments:

Post a Comment